Butternut Squash with Maple
- Peel the butternut squash and slice into 1/2-inch cubes.
- Place in heavy saucepan and put enough water over to cover.
- Bring to a boil over high heat, then turn the heat down to medium and continue boiling, stirring occasionally, for about 30 minutes, or until the cubes are soft when pierced with a fork.
- Remove from the heat and drain excess water. Leave cubes in the saucepan and mash.
- Add maple syrup, butter and nutmeg and stir until blended.
- Serve with a drizzle of maple syrup and dash of cinnamon.