“Recipe provided by Cabot Creamery Cooperative, owned by Dairy Farmers since 1919 & Makers of the World’s Best Cheddar!”
Makes 8 servings
Calories 463, Total Fat 22.5g, Saturated Fat 11g, Sodium 299mg, Carbohydrates 60g, Dietary Fiber 1.5g, Protein 7g, Calcium 63mg
2 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup sugar
8 tablespoons (1 stick) Cabot Unsalted Butter, softened
2 large eggs
1 cup Cabot Sour Cream
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1/2 cup of Elliott’s Pure Maqple Sugar
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Generously grease 9-inch tube pan (or coat with cooking spray), then dust with flour.
2. Sift flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt into medium bowl.
3. In large bowl, cream together sugar and butter with electric mixer until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes. Add eggs and beat until blended.
4. Add flour mixture in thirds, alternating with sour cream and ending with flour mixture. Add vanilla and beat just until blended.
5. In small bowl, combine maple sugar, walnuts and cinnamon.
6. Pour half of batter into prepared pan. Sprinkle with half of nut mixture. Add remaining batter and top with remaining nut mixture.
7. Bake for 40 to 50 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
8. Let cool in pan for about 10 minutes, then remove cake to serving plate and let cool a bit longer. Slice and serve warm.